Association of Steel Tube and Pipe Manufacturers.
Established in 1983, the Association of Steel Tube and Pipe Manufacturers represents the welded carbon steel tube and pipe manufacturers in South Africa.
The members account for 70% of the installed capacity for conveyance, mechanical and structural tubular products which are supplied to international specifications.
The objectives of the Association are:
- Promote the use of welded carbon steel tube and pipe.
- Represent common interests to Government, Quasi Government and other organisations
- Promote import replacement, where feasible
- Promote the export of welded carbon steel tube and pipe
- Co-operation without collusion between the members